2nd Canterbury Conference on OCT with emphasis on Broadband and Optical Sources
Wednesday 6 – Friday 8 September 2017
University of Kent, Canterbury (United Kingdom)
Adrian Podoleanu, University of Kent, Canterbury, United Kingdom
Ole Bang, Technical University of Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
This 3 days conference will be dedicated to recent advances in measurement and imaging conditioned by progress in en larging the spectrum of the optical source. The larger the bandwidth of the broadband optical source used in spectrometer based OCT and of the tuning bandwidth of swept lasers used in swept source OCT, the better the axial resolution. However, increase in the source band width brings other problems that the research community have tried to address in the last decade. The conference is de dicated to discussing these problems along several avenues, such as:
- Supercontinuum sources
- Large tuning bandwidth swept lasers
- Noise due to the increase in bandwidth of supercontinuum and of tuning lasers
- Design of spectrometers and digitisers to cope with the increase in the number of spectral pixels
- High axial resolution OCT in imaging the eye, including adaptive optics
- High axial resolution OCT in medical imaging including no dye angiography
- Polarisation effects in broadband OCT
- Non-destructive testing with high-resolution OCT systems
- Metrology measurements conditioned by high-resolution low-coherence interferometry and spectral (Fourier) domain interferometry
- Multimodalities in biomedical optics
- Time stretched broadband imaging
- Numerical post-processing for broadband OCT systems, to perform dispersion compensation and numerical re-focusing
The conference will coincide with the 3rd network event of the Marie Curie European Industrial Doctorate School involving University of Kent and NKTPhotonics. The attendance of Early Stage Researchers is especially welcomed.
The conference fee includes registration and access to papers, tea and coffee breaks and lunches. During the registration process, delegates will have the option of booking on-site accommodation and evening meals.
Please visit regularly 2ccoct.aogkent.uk. More information will be available soon!
For all conference queries please email Prof. Adrian Podoleanu
For all payment, accommodation and registration queries, please contact Sheena Butterworth